List of ingredients:
*400 gm marshmallows
* 4 tbsp drinking water
* 900-1000 gm icing sugar
*3-4 tbsp vegetable shortening/crisco
* 1 tsp vanilla/almond essence/any other essence (optional)
*3-4 tbsp edible glycerin ( optional and might be needed for future kneading)
- Put the marshmallows in a greased bowl.
- Coat the marshmallows with water and melt either in a microwave oven or on a double boiler.
- Grease your hands and the surface of kneading with shortening.
- Spread about 500 gm of icing sugar on the kneading surface.
- Pour the melted marshmallow on the icing sugar.
- Slowly start to fold in icing sugar with melt marshmallow.
- Add another 300 gm of icing sugar and start kneading when the mix is somewhat like a parata dough.
- Knead until smooth and put the dough to rest for 12-24 hours in an airtight container. In urgent cases you may use directly, however you better add a tbsp of gumpaste with it for better consistency in that case.