Red Velvet Cake
•4 egg (room temp)
• 600 gm sugar
• 500 gm flour
• 4 tbsp coco powder
• 200 gm butter ( room temp)
• 2 tbsp brewed coffee
• 1 cup sour cream
• 1 cup milk
• 3 tbspoon red food color.
• 4 tsp vanilla essence
• 2 tsp baking soda
• 1.5 tbsp vinegar
• Preheat the oven to 175 degree Celsius/350 degree Fahrenheit.
• Warm up the milk a little and mix coffee powder with it.
• Pour sour cream over the coffee mixed milk after getting into room temperature and stir well.
• In a bowl sift together flour and cocoa powder and set aside.
• In a large bowl start beating butter until fluffy.
• Add sugar gradually and continue beating.
• Add the eggs, one at a time and mix until well combined ( remember not to overbeat the egg, otherwise the cake will have a rubbery texture).
• Once the mixture is well combined, add the dry and wet ingredients alternatives ( 1/3rd at a time). DO NOT OVERMIX.
• Scrape down the sides of the bowl and mix again with a spatula.
• Now comes the tricky part. Spoon over the baking soda on the mix and then pour the vinegar just on top of the soda. You will see fizzes, mix quickly and thoroughly.
• Pour the m ix quickly in the pre greased 10 inches cake pans( try to make it as even as possible).
• Bake in the pre heated oven for 24-30 minutes until a wooden stick comes out clean.
Easy lemon cheesecake recipe, an awesome dessert to start your baking passion with. It is very difficult to make this wrong. Any amateur baker can do this. Ingredients: 1. 100 gm butter in normal temperature Read more…
An easy, hands on video tutorial on making the classic french dessert, macaroons. Ingredients: 1. 55 gm icing sugar 2. 20 gm granulated sugar 3. 30 gm egg white 4. 30 gm almond flour Procedure: Read more…