Making of Meringue Cookies
Meringue cookies, light and airy and you can make them colorful too very easily. Try these very easy to make cookies at home and let us know how you like them.
4 egg whites
1 cup sugar
1. Put 4 egg whites and 1 cup sugar in a bowl and put it over a boiler or a pot of
simmering water (water should not touch the bowl on top)
2.Start beating them together. After 3 minutues, take the bowl away from heat and start beating again.
3. Continue beating for about 7 minutes until the mix is glossy and the stiff peak forms. You will know it is ready
when the mix does not fall out even after turning the bowl upside down.
4. Add a teaspoon of lemon juice (this is optional).
5. If you want the colored swirl, brush some gel color inside the pastry bag. Fill it with meringue and pipe
on a try lined with perchmant paper with any nozzle tip you want. We used star tip.
6. Bake in a preheated oven (200 degree celcius) for about 75 to 90 minutes.