Classic Baked Lemon Cheesecake Recipe
Easy lemon cheesecake recipe, an awesome dessert to start your baking passion with. It is very difficult to make this wrong. Any amateur baker can do this.
1. 100 gm butter in normal temperature
2. 250 gm crushed graham cracker or digestive biscuits
3. 450 gm cream cheese
4. 1/2 cup white sugar or granulated sugar
5. 2 large eggs
6. 1/4 cup lemon juice
7. 1 tsp lemon zest
1. Fold a piece of foil paper in 8 inches spring form round pan and line the bottom of the pan carefully.
This will prevent any leak and let you take out the cheesecake easily when it’s done.
2. Start mixing almost melted butter and crushed biscuits together. Put the crumb mix onto the bottom
of the pan with your hand and level it as smooth as possible. This is going to be the cheesecake crust.
3. Put in the preheated oven at 140 degree celcius and bake it for 10 minutes and let it completely cool.
4. Start beating the cream cheese in a mixing bowl until it becomes creamy in consistency.
5. Add 1/2 cup sugar and beat until the sugar is mixed thoroughly and no grain remains.
6. Add 2 eggs (one at a time) and beat until well mixed. Don’t overbeat after this stage.
7. Add 1/4 cup lemon juice and 1 tsp lemon zest and mix.
8. Pour over the crust into the pan.
9. Before inserting into the oven, you need to prepare water bath underneath the pan. Better to have a
wiring rack in stead of directly setting on to the water bath.
10. Pre heated the oven at 140 degree celcius and bake for 80 minutes or so. Let the cheesecake
cool inside the oven for 30 minutes even after the time is up. Let it cool for another hour in room temperature
to firm up a bit.
11. Put in the refrigerator for 12 hours or a day before you plan to detach the cheesecake from the pan.